Official Rules For Winning A Jet Ski
2013 Most Refreshing Summer
Personal Watercraft Sweepstakes
The following rules govern the 2013 WFRG-FM, Utica, NY (the “Station”) Most Refreshing Summer Personal Watercraft Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is operated by Townsquare Media of Utica/Rome, Inc. (the “Company”), which is the sole shareholder of the FCC licensee of the Station.
- The Sweepstakes is scheduled to begin on Wednesday, May 15, 2013 and end on Saturday, August 24, 2013. The sole prize to be awarded is a GTI Limited 155 Model Sea Doo Jet Ski, including a trailer, which collectively have an estimated value of $13,143 (the “Grand Prize”). There will be NO option to receive cash in lieu of the Grand Prize.
- No purchase is necessary to enter the Sweepstakes. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. The Sweepstakes is void where prohibited. The Station will periodically broadcast the key terms of the Sweepstakes rules on the Station during the course of the Sweepstakes.
- The Sweepstakes is open to all eligible U.S. residents of New York State, 21 or over with a valid photo state issued ID or driver’s license. Each entrant must have a valid street address in the state of New York in order to qualify (a P.O. Box address will not suffice). Employees, directors, officers, and agents of the Company, the Station, the Sponsoring Retailer (defined below), and the parent companies, divisions, dealers, retailers, affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors, advertising and promotional agencies and suppliers of each, and immediate families or significant others of each, and employees of all media or mass communication within a one hundred (100) mile radius of the Station’s main studio (located at 9418 River Road Marcy, NY 13403) are not eligible to enter or win the Sweepstakes. Employees and immediate family members of alcoholic beverage manufacturers, distributors and retailers are also not eligible to enter to win. Immediate family includes the spouse, great-grandparents, grandparents, parents (including in-laws), brothers, sisters, children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren of the employee and his/her spouse, including step-relatives. This also includes individuals for whom the employee is current legal guardian.
- By participating in this Sweepstakes, each entrant grants permission for his or her picture, voice and/or telephone call to be recorded, rebroadcast and posted on Company websites and promotional and sales materials for use by the Station. The winner of the Grand Prize (the “Grand Prize Winner”) hereby grants the Company a perpetual worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free sub-license (through multiple tiers), right and license to use, publish, reproduce, display, perform, adapt, modify, distribute, have distributed and promote his/her picture and voice, in all media now known or hereinafter created.
- The odds of winning the Grand Prize will depend on the number of participants. The Grand Prize Winner will have certain obligations, including but not limited to taking responsibility for the payment of applicable taxes, licenses, insurance, dealer prep fees and tags. The Grand Prize Winner will be required to complete the appropriate tax forms at the Station’s main studio prior to claiming the Grand Prize. The Grand Prize Winner will be sent a 1099 MISC federal tax form.
- The Grand Prize Winner will be expected to claim the prize from a certain watersports retailer within the Utica area (the “Sponsoring Retailer”) during standard business hours, Monday through Friday (excluding holidays) within thirty (30) days of being notified that they are the winner. The Grand Prize Winner must possess a valid New York photo I.D.(acceptable to the Sponsoring Retailer), bearing the picture of the Grand Prize Winner and social security card (to verify their social security number) that will be presented to the Sponsoring Retailer and accepted before the prize is awarded. The Grand Prize will be forfeited if not claimed as outlined above. The name and location of the Sponsoring Retailer will be provided to the Grand Prize Winner at least thirty (30) days prior to the deadline for the Grand Prize Winner to claim the Grand Prize.
- The Grand Prize is not transferable prior to its claim by the Grand Prize Winner. No substitution for a prize will be made at the request of the Grand Prize Winner.
- How to Play:
- a. Beginning on May 15, 2013 and ending on August 14, 2013, eligible entrants at each of the three participating grocery/retail stores to be determined by the Company may submit entries to the Sweepstakes to win the Grand Prize through a link on the Station’s website: www.bigfrog104.com and entering the valid “Bonus Code” associated with each participating grocery/retailer available at its “Most Refreshing Summer” display. No purchase will be necessary to participate in the Sweepstakes by entering the Bonus Code. A total of thirty (30) persons – ten (10) persons from each of the three participating grocery/retail accounts providing correct online Bonus Codes will be selected at random as qualifiers who will be eligible to participate in a Sweepstakes for the Grand Prize at the final event, to be held on August 24, 2013 at Harpoon Eddies (611 Park Ave., Sylvan Beach, NY 13157) (the “Final Event”) (each person a “Qualifier”). The persons entering this “online” option who are chosen as Qualifiers will be notified via text, e-mail or standard mail regarding their selection as Qualifiers and the date, time and location of the Final Event. Such notification shall occur at least seven (7) days prior to the date of the Final Event. Online entries must be received by 11:59 pm on August 14, 2013.
- b. On June 15, 2013, attendees at the Station’s “Frog Fest” event may complete a registration card to participate in the Sweepstakes. No purchase necessary to enter. At the event, ten (10) persons will be selected at random as Qualifiers, who will be eligible to participate in the drawing at the Final Event for the Grand Prize.
- c. Between June 15 and August 24, the Station intends to hold approximately nineteen (19) additional events where the Grand Prize will be on display. At each event, attendees will be invited to complete a registration card, no purchase necessary. A person may enter the Sweepstakes at each event location, but may not enter more than one (1) card at any single event. Any additional attempts to enter will automatically be void and any prize awarded to an ineligible contestant will be deemed null and void. At each of the nineteen (19) events, ten (10) persons will be selected at random as Qualifiers. Each Qualifier must be present to win on the day of entering the Sweepstakes. No substitutions will be permitted. All Qualifiers will be notified, on the day of the event, of their selection as a Qualifier and must be present to win.
- d. On August 24, at the Final Event, one (1) additional person will be selected at random as a Qualifier. A total of two hundred and thirty-one (231) persons will be Qualifiers.
- e. At the Final Event, attending Qualifiers (not to exceed 231 persons) must check in with station personnel between 1:00-3:00 pm. Qualifier must present a valid state issued ID. Failure to provide identification or failure to check-in by 3:00 pm on the day of the Final Event may result in disqualification and such Qualifier will forfeit any right to the Grand Prize. At the Final Event, Qualifiers will be grouped in blocs of ten (10) each. (If an odd number of Qualifiers are present, Station personnel will ensure that the blocs are divided as evenly as possible.) Each person will randomly select a key and try the key to successfully open the first lock. The one person in each of the blocs holding the key that successfully opens the first lock will advance as a finalist (“Finalist”). Once ten (10) Finalists have been selected, each will randomly select a new key. Each Finalist will get a turn to insert their key into the ignition of the Watercraft; the Finalist whose key turns on the Watercraft is the Grand Prize Winner and the Sweepstakes has ended. No other Finalist will try his/her key once a Grand Prize Winner has been declared.
- f. The locations of each event will be announced on the Station each day during the course of the Sweepstakes. The Station will promote where the “next” location to enter will be. It is the interested parties’ responsibility to find their own transportation to events to enter. There may be only one (1) qualified Finalist per household and mailing address, per location. Qualifiers must be present at the Final Event location on Saturday, August 24, 2013 to win.
- Limitation on Liability:By entering this Sweepstakes, all entrants release the Company, the Station and MillerCoors LLC and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent companies, officers, directors, agents, promotional partners and employees from any and all liability with respect to or in any way arising from this Sweepstakes and/or acceptance or use of the prize. Neither the Company nor the Station is responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information or for any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of entries, including any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line-systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or errors of the U.S. Postal service. Neither the Company nor the Station is responsible for cheating or fraud by any entrants. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of operating as planned, including, without limitation, as a result of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of the Company and the Station which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, the Company and the Station reserve the right at their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. Incomplete or illegible entries or registrations may be disqualified.
- The Company is not responsible for any lost mail, incorrect addresses, incorrect phone numbers or failure to notify any Semifinalist based on information provided by any entrant to the Sweepstakes. All entries and registrations become the property of the Company and may not be acknowledged or returned.
- As a licensee of the FCC and a trustee of the public airwaves, the Station reserves the right to interrupt and/or discontinue any Sweepstakes or promotion (and not award the offered prize) at the discretion of Station management if world events, the national mood, or public safety so warrant.
- Sweepstakes Disputes: The Company shall be the sole arbiter of the Sweepstakes and the interpreter of Sweepstakes rules. Its decisions shall be final. Entry into the Sweepstakes constitutes agreement by participants to abide by these rules, as well as any other rules established by the Company and the Station.
- The Station reserves the right to disqualify any winner if any Sweepstakes rules are violated in any way. The Station reserves the right to refuse awarding any prize to a person who is determined to have violated a Sweepstakes rule as outlined above, gained unfair advantage in participating in the Sweepstakes, or obtained a winner status using fraudulent means.
- In the event the winner is subject to or is the subject of any order or legal process issued by any governmental agency having jurisdiction over the affairs of the winner (i.e. garnishment, child support order, judgment, lien, and the like), the Station’s delivery of the prize to the official representative of the governmental entity claiming a right to the prize shall be thus deemed as the Station’s awarding the prize to the winner. The Station shall be entitled to rely in good faith, upon any documents presented by the representative seeking to collect the prize in lieu of the winner. The Station shall not be liable for any claim by any winner for damages incidental thereto.
- The Company reserves the right to make and change the Sweepstakes rules, including changing the Sweepstakes dates, but only to the extent permitted by the laws of the United States and the State of New York, including the rules and published policies of the Federal Communications Commission.
- A copy of these Rules is also available during business hours, 8am - 5pm, Monday through Friday (excluding holidays), at the Station’s studios, 9418 River Road, Marcy, NY 13403 and on the Station’s website.
No purchase necessary. A purchase does not increase your chances of winning. Must be 21 years of age or older at time of entry and a legal U.S. resident of NY to participate. Void where prohibited by law. Begins 5/15/13. Ends 8/24/13. Entries must be received by 3:00 PM ET on 8/24/13 to be eligible. See retailers or radio station for Official Rules. MillerCoors LLC is not a sponsor or otherwise affiliated with this sweepstakes.