New Thruway App Will Make Your Winter Commute Less Stressful
New York State has unveiled a new app that will take the stress and guesswork out of your winter Thruway travels.
The NYS Thruway Authority app or 'Thruway App,' will give you access to real-time road conditions with alerts for weather, construction and traffic.
The Thruway App has more features to make traveling on the NYS Thruway easier:
- Interactive Thruway map with real-time voice notification of upcoming Thruway-specific sites and traffic events
- Toll Calculator to plan your trip
- Report an issue regarding a road condition, safety or services
- Request Roadside assistance
- Restaurant and Thruway Service Area locator
- E-ZPass and Tolls by Mail information
Thruway Authority Acting Executive Director Matthew J. Driscoll says the new app will not only make your commute easier, it can also improve Thruway safety:
"The app is versatile and will not only improve the traveling experience by putting real-time road and traffic conditions in the palm of your hand but will allow for direct communication with the Thruway Authority," said Driscoll. "Patrons will be able to use the 'Report an Issue' feature to report things like road and facility conditions, and service quality. Patrons who report conditions will receive email responses as the issues are addressed. This two-way communication directly between our patrons on the road and our employees will improve our ability to serve motorists and provide a safe highway for their travel needs."