Greg’s Memories Of The Great NYS Fair
Many of us have memories of the New York State Fair, and we look forward to a number of activities and attractions. Each year, I go to the fair with my family, sometimes everybody, but mostly just my older daughter and me these last few years.
Here are some of the fair items I recall (other than the live entertainment & rides) and you may recall too:
1. Gianelli in my belly
2. Ice Cream of the Future
3. Bob Maxwell’s Walk-Away Sundaes
4. The Butter Sculpture (if you go to the fair, it’s considered bad form to reveal what the butter sculpture is that year to people who haven’t been yet).
5. Meeting President Clinton and then Senator Hillary Clinton
6. Having then Governor George Patacki smile and wave at me
7. The 2 for a dollar hotdog stand
8. Trying to find where I parked my car
9. Seeing the Charlie Daniels Band
10. Getting foot relief on the coin-operated “footzie-wootzies”
Enjoy the fair!