MTV ‘Buckwild’ Star Shain Gandee May Have Died of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
SHAIN GANDEE, one of the stars of the MTV show 'Buckwild' may have died from carbon monoxide poisoning. His body was discovered in a vehicle that was wrecked in a muddy area a few miles from his home. There were two other bodies in the vehicle. One of them was his uncle, David Gandee. The other was a friend, 27-year-old Donald Robert Myers.
Shain was reported missing Sunday. He and his uncle were last seen at a bar at 3:00 A.M. on Sunday morning, when they told people they were planning on going four-wheeling. And apparently, they were off-roading at the time of the accident.
Police say Shain's 1984 Bronco was stuck deep in mud in a remote area, and investigators needed to use ATVs to gain access to the site. Officials also said 'the vehicle sat unevenly, but upright, and was partially submerged. Mud was covering the lower part of the passenger side door of the vehicle, but the driver's side of the vehicle was above the mud. The muffler was completely below the surface of the mud.'
That's important because if the exhaust pipe was blocked, carbon monoxide would've blown into the vehicle, which means there's a good chance the guys died of carbon monoxide poisoning. But that hasn't been confirmed.
MTV released this statement:
'We're shocked and saddened by the terrible news about Shain Gandee, and those involved in this tragic incident. We're waiting for more information but at this time. Our thoughts and prayers are with them. Shain had a magnetic personality, with a passion for life that touched everyone he met and we will miss him dearly.'
'Buckwild' is basically a country version of 'Jersey Shore.' The first season premiered in January and it was such a hit MTV ordered a second season in February. The first season lasted 12 episodes, and averaged 3.2 million viewers.
Production on Season Two has been halted indefinitely but MTV wouldn't comment on the show's future, which is now in doubt, naturally.