Luke Austin’s Super Bowl Snacks Part 3: Stuffed Mushrooms & Peppers
Our third and final installment of Luke Austin's Super Bowl Snacks features a fan favorite - stuffed mushrooms and peppers. Try this easy recipe and your guests will think you spent all day in the kitchen making these savory treats!
You may think stuffed mushrooms and peppers is a big task to take on, but with this recipe you'll be done and watching all the pre-game festivities in no time flat.
Here's what you'll need:
- 1 lb meatball mix (or hot sausage or ground beef your choice)
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup bacon bits
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- Hot sauce if desired
- 50-60 button mushrooms
- 12 or so hot peppers (I use jalapenos, but feel free to try your favorite)
- 1 egg
- Cook meat until done, but don't drain (the juices will flavor your mix)
- Combine meat, cheese, bacon, breadcrumbs, hot sauce and egg in a food processor
- Hollow out mushrooms and peppers (I halve the jalapenos to make bite sized pieces)
- Stuff peppers and mushrooms
- Arrange on un-greased baking sheet(I use foil for easy clean up)
- Bake at 400 for 15 minutes
- Serve and soak up the compliments!
As always, this recipe is open to interpretation so feel free to doctor it up any way you like.
Try adding some seafood to your mix, use habanero peppers(super hot), or if you're on a health kick even try it with ground turkey or chicken.
Now with the three Luke Austin's Super Bowl Snacks, you have a solid menu and a ton of free time to enjoy your guests and the big game.
BONUS VIDEO: Luke Austin's Super Bowl Snacks Part 1: Super Bowl Dip