Lowville’s Cream Cheese Festival One of America’s Wackiest Summer Events
For most of the year Lowville is a sleepy little community of around 4,000 people. However for one day in September the village comes alive with what Trip Advisor calls one of America’s “10 wackiest summer events”, its annual Cream Cheese Festival. The event is appropriately located in Lowville, the home of the world’s largest Kraft Cream Cheese manufacturing plant. What are the other “wacky” summer events?
1. The Great Texas Mosquito Festival – June 26-28, Clute, Texas
2. Slugburger Festival – July 12-14, Corinth, Mississippi
3. World Chicken Festival –September 27-30. London, Kentucky
4. Humungus Fungus Fest – August 3-5, Crystal Falls, Michigan
5. Wausau Possum Festival – August 4th, Wausau, Florida
6. Batfest – August 25th, Austin, Texas
7. National Hollerin’ Contest – June 16th, Spivey’s Corner, North Carolina
8. Cream Cheese Festival – September 15th, Lowville, New York
9. Hope Watermelon Festival – August 9-11, Hope, Arkansas
10. Mattoon Bagelfest – July 19-21, Mattoon, Illinois
I would think that there will be plenty of bagel business going on at local bakeries too.