Lake Effect Snow Watch In Effect For Central New York
Mother Nature isn't looking to end 2016 without a big bang. The National Weather Service out of Binghamton has issued a Lake Effect Snow Watch, and a Winter Weather Advisory for Central New York.
This Winter Weather Advisory is in effect from 5AM Thursday to 4PM Thursday. A Lake Effect Snow Watch is in effect from Thursday Evening through late Friday night.
* LOCATIONS...ONEIDA COUNTY.
* HAZARD TYPES...SNOW.
* ACCUMULATIONS...SNOW ACCUMULATION OF 3 TO 5 INCHES THROUGH
* TIMING...SNOW DEVELOPING EARLY THURSDAY MORNING... AND THEN DIMINISHING MID AFTERNOON.
* IMPACTS...SNOW COVERED AND SLIPPERY ROADS.
* TEMPERATURES...IN THE MID 20S.
Remember, a Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow, sleet, or freezing rain are possible and could cause issues with travel. A Lake Effect Snow Watch means there is potential for a large amount of snow within a few hours time.
BONUS VIDEO- TAKE THIS SNOW