If you were fortunate enough to enjoy some warmer temperatures during the schools winter break, welcome back to winter. A Lake Effect Snow Warning and colder temperatures are signal that winter break, was indeed just a brief break. Click for snowfall details.
The National Weather Service
has issued the Lake Effect Snow Warning today through 1 Tuesday afternoon. Here's the details of what we can expect. Following the snow comes cold temperatures that will see overnight lows back near zero or below.
...LAKE EFFECT SNOW WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 1 PM EST
* LOCATIONS...ONEIDA COUNTY.
* HAZARDS...HEAVY SNOW ALONG WITH BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW.
* ACCUMULATIONS...5 TO 10 INCHES OF SNOW IN THE MOST PERSISTENT
BANDS. THE HIGHEST AMOUNTS WILL OCCUR IN CENTRAL AND NORTHERN
SECTIONS OF THE COUNTY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO CAMDEN,
BLOSSVALE, ROME AND SYLVAN BEACH. ADDITIONAL SNOWFALL IS LIKELY
* TIMING...LAKE EFFECT SNOW WILL PERSIST THROUGH TUESDAY
* TEMPERATURES...HIGHS TODAY IN THE LOWER 20S, DROPPING TO AROUND 10 DEGREES TUESDAY MORNING.
* WINDS...WEST 10 TO 20 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 30 MPH.
* IMPACTS...VERY DIFFICULT TRAVEL DUE TO SNOW COVERED ROADS AND
GREATLY REDUCED VISIBILITY. BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW WILL
ENHANCE THE IMPACT ESPECIALLY IN OPEN AREAS.
Get the latest weather updates here.