National Weather Service Issues Lake Effect Snow Advisory
Get ready for more snow and ice. The National Weather Service in Binghamton has issued a Lake Effect Snow Advisory in effect from 7PM tonight through 1PM Wednesday afternoon.
Here's what we know from the National Weather Service:
* LOCATIONS...ONONDAGA, MADISON AND ONEIDA COUNTY.
* HAZARD TYPES...SNOW AND DRIFTING SNOW.
* ACCUMULATIONS...SNOW ACCUMULATIONS OF 4 TO 6 INCHES.
* TIMING...A BAND OF SNOW WILL INTENSIFY THIS EVENING OVER ONEIDA
COUNTY AND DROP SOUTHWARD AFTER MIDNIGHT AND IMPACT MADISON AND ONONDAGA COUNTIES. SNOW SHOWERS ARE EXPECTED TO TAPER OFF
* IMPACTS...THE HEAVY SNOW WILL CREATE SNOW COVERED ROADS.
VISIBILITIES MAY DROP BELOW A QUARTER OF A MILE AT TIMES
CREATING HAZARDOUS DRIVING CONDITIONS.
* TEMPERATURES...IN THE LOWER 30S."
Remember, a Lake Effect Snow Advisory means lake effect snow is in the forecast and can make travel difficult.
BONUS VIDEO- Top Snowmobiling Trails Across Central New York