Kids Home From School This Week? Now What?
This is Presidents’ Week or Mid Winter Break for many school districts, meaning kids may be home on vacation. Now what? If you as parents are working, just finding babysitters for the whole week can be a chore. But, if you’re home with the kids as well and not taking a warm-weather vacation down south, you may be looking for things to keep them busy, and avoid those two dreaded words: “I’m bored”.
So, here are some suggestions for those of you home with the kids this week:
1. Take them to the libary (it’s free, and there’s a lot more than books there).
2. Visit the Children’s Museum, downtown Utica (There is an admission charge).
3. Visit the Milton J. Rubenstein Museum Of Science And Technology (M.O.S.T.) in Syracuse (Yeh, there’s an admission charge but there’s also an IMAX movie theater).
4. How about ice skating? (Some of the area rec centers have various times for public skating).
5. Bowling anyone?
6. Visit the Munson Williams Proctor Arts Institute, Downtown Utica – (I used to take my kids there on vacations, and they loved it. And, no admission price).
7. Movies – (Usually the food concessions will cost you more than the movie).
And, when all else fails, there’s Grandma’s!