It’s International Snowmobiling Safety Week
We are now deep into upstate New York snowmobiling season and after last year’s sparse snowfall this winter has provided enthusiasts with plenty of opportunities to get out on the trails. Along with the pure fun and excitement of snowmobiling this week, International Snowmobiling Safety Week, we are reminded of ways to keep the sport safe. Here are some great tips.
1. Never consume alcohol or drugs before or during snowmobiling.
2. Become familiar with the snowmobile you ride.
3. Operate at safe and reasonable speeds.
4. Stay on trails and areas where snowmobiling is permitted.
5. Avoid travel on unfamiliar frozen bodies of water.
6. Using extra caution at night.
7. Keep your snowmobile properly maintained.
8. Become familiar with the terrain you will travel on.
9. Listen to the weather forecast before you leave.
10. Always wear a helmet and proper clothing.
11. Never riding alone, and letting someone know where you are going and
when you plan to return.
12. Carrying emergency supplies and learning survival skills.
Have fun and stay safe! For more New York State snowmobiling information click here.