It’s Back To School Time
The Frog Days of Summer aren’t over yet, but the kids will be going back to school this week. I remember when I was a kid, it seemed like once school started, the temperature rose to 85 degrees, which was exactly the same as the classroom thermostat setting. When our kids were small, I remember the first day back to school – taking pictures of the little ones getting on the school bus.
Here are a few things to think about during that first week back to school:
1. Watch out for school buses while driving – When they stop and flash red lights, drivers have to stop in both directions on the road.
2. Be extra careful driving as students will be crossing streets during the morning, midday and late afternoon hours.
3. Make sure your students get a good night’s sleep, especially the night before that first day of school.
4. Keep the camera handy for that picture of your student getting on the school bus for the first time this school year.
5. Double check to see that your student is taking those “must have” items that you bought on his or her teacher’s back to school list.
6. Smile, be positive, and get ready to help with all that homework (let’s hope it’s not math).