How To Make New Year’s Resolutions Stick
We all try to live up to our New Year’s resolutions, and yet, it doesn’t always happen. The gyms and fitness clubs are filled the first two weeks of January, then, where did all those new people go? Here’s some helpful info on why we may not live up to our resolutions.
“Why do New Year’s Resolutions fail so often? Here are the answers from match.com:
- Unrealistic expectations — It sounds really impressive to plan to run a marathon but if you have never run beyond your backyard in your life, you’re probably setting yourself up for failure. Start with small steps.
- No support — If you want to stop smoking, hanging around your smoker friends will not help you. Taking steps toward any lifestyle change will require that you surround yourself with like-minded people.
- Relying on other people — Develop goals that you can accomplish by yourself.
- Not preparing yourself — Don’t just make resolutions without thinking them through.
- Allowing yourself to be pressured — Don’t make a resolution like losing weight, just because someone else wants you to.
- Not believing in yourself — If you don’t believe you can accomplish a particular goal, you won’t.”