How To Choose The Right Pumpkin For Your Jack O’lantern [VIDEO]
Make sure you get your pumpkin soon as the crop is a little early this year and growers will have a huge selection to choose from.
- buy one in early October when selection is at it’s best
- a little green on it is okay because it will slowly ripen off the vine and should be totally orange by Halloween
- look for a pumpkin with a sturdy or hard stem, if the handle is soft, it may indicate a diseased pumpkin.
- choose a pumpkin with no soft spots or bruises
- choose a pumpkin that’s shape flows with your planned carving
Watch the video to get more tips from Professor Reiners.
Subscribe to Big Frog 104 on