Happy Birthday Facebook
It seems like it has been around forever but Facebook just celebrated its 7th birthday on Friday, February 4th. I am one of the few who just doesn’t “get it” but I do recognize its impact on social interactions and communication. This song by Rhett and Link pretty well sums it up for me. After listening you might want to check out a few more “Facebook factoids.* The average person on Facebook has about 130 friends.
* The typical user clicks the “like” button eight times a month.
* You can interact on Facebook in more than 70 languages — including Pig Latin and Pirate English.
* 28 percent of people check their Facebook account before getting out of bed.
* About 3 billion photos are posted on Facebook every month.
* About 60 million people play Farmville on Facebook. About 750,000 Americans actually work as farmers.
* The U.S. and England rank first and second in number of Facebook users. Indonesia is third.
* Ivy Bean of Bradford, England, was thought to be the world’s oldest Facebook user at the time of her death last year — at the age of 104.
via Premiere News & Prep.
I check my page once a month just to see who went grocery shopping, who gave their dog a bath and why so-and-so changed their “status”. Riveting reading.