Funds Available to Central New York Farmers Harmed by Rain
Lots of Central New York farmers have been impacted by the summer’s rainfall. It started with delays in spring planting and continued with forage loss and displaced livestock. The USDA and Farm Service Agency are reminding farmers that financial help is available.
Even if you didn’t purchase crop insurance, there are programs that offer disaster assistance and low-interest loans. Here are some of the available programs.
• Non-Insured Crop Disaster Assistance Program – Provides financial assistance of non-insurable crops when low yields, loss of inventory or prevented
• Livestock Indemnity Program – Offers payments for the death of livestock
that exceeds the norm.
• Tree Assistance Program – Provides assistance for orchards and nurseries.
• Emergency Assistance for Livestock, Honeybees and Fish Program –
Provides emergency relief for losses in feed whether it was harvested or not. Includes grazing land.
• Emergency Loan Program – Helps producers recover from production and physical losses due to drought and flooding.
• Emergency Conservation Program – Funding to rehabilitate land severely damaged by natural disasters; including fence loss.
Subscribe to Big Frog 104 on