Flooding Closing Roads & Schools in Central New York
Tropical storm Lee is leaving its mark on Central New York. A number of roads and schools are closed this morning due to the heavy flooding in the area.
Fulton Montgomery Community College
Owen D Young
2 Hour Delay
1 Hour Delay
Utica College will open at noon today
A State of Emergency has been declared in Oneida, Otsego, Chenango and Herkimer Counties due to the extensive flooding. The city of Utica and Oneonta along with the Town of Unadilla and the Villages of Herkimer, Whitesboror and Ilion have also been placed under a state of emergency. There have been reports of flash flooding. The State of Emergency will remain in effect for the next five days and no unnecessary travel is advised. Some residents have been evacutated as waters continue to rise.
The following roads in Oneida County are closed due to flooding.
- Middle Settlement Road from Seneca Turnpike to Kirkland
- Oneida Street from Kellogg Road to Higby Road
- Weston, Chapman and Roberts Roads at Route 12B
- Route 5 in Westmoreland near the Nice ‘n Easy
- Oriskany Boulevard in front of Whitesboro Middle School
- Commercial Drive at Hannfords
- College Hill at Route 233
- Mohawk Street between Main Street and River Road in Marcy
- Seneca Turnpike between Alexandria Road and Commercial Drive
- North Avenue to Route 233 in Kirkland
- Oriskany Boulevard from Clinton Street eastbound through the Village of Whitesboro and Main Street from Mohawk Street to the Town of Yorkville line.
- The bridge on Route 233 in Westmoreland between Main Street and Westmoreland High School
The following roads are closed in Utica
- The Parkway between Clementian and Oneida Streets
- Pleasant Street between Elm and Oneida Streets
- All of Brookline Drive
- Genesee Street from Brookline Drive to New Hartford.
- Lincoln Ave at Sunset is open, but motorists are encouraged to avoid that area.
For a full list of road closings visit WIBX950
Red Co Foods has also cancelled first and second shift