Celebrate Kenny’s Golden Anniversary Tonight on GAC
Do you remember way back when, Kenny Rogers and the First Edition? Songs like “But You Know I Love You” and “Just Dropped In (To See What Condition My Condition Was In)?” During those years, Kenny Rogers was a pop-rock act, but later aimed at Country Music.
KENNY ROGERS: 50th Anniversary TV Special
“Kenny Rogers celebrates a half-century in show biz with a concert special debuting tonight on GAC. Recorded last year at Foxwoods Casino in Connecticut, The First 50 Years features a mix of guests reflecting Kenny’s country and pop roots. The all-star list includes Dolly Parton, Lionel Richie, Tim McGraw, Billy Currington, Chris Isaak, Sheena Easton, Darius Rucker, Wynonna, The Oak Ridge Boys and the original members of Kenny’s ’60s group, The First Edition.
Highlights of the show include:
- “Lady” (Kenny and Lionel Richie)
- “Lucille” (Billy Currington)
- “Ruby, Don’t Take Your Love to Town” (Chris Isaak)
- “She Believes in Me” (Tim McGraw)
- “(Just Dropped In) To See What Condition My Condition Was In” (Kenny, Wynonna, First Edition)
- “Coward of the County” (Darius Rucker)
- “Heed the Call/Tell It All Brother” (Oak Ridge Boys)
- “We’ve Got Tonight” (Kenny and Sheena Easton)
“Through The Years” (Kenny, Lionel Richie, Dolly Parton)”