America’s Most Common Food Addiction-Bread
We have been conditioned since birth to regard bread as one of the most nutritious of foods. While it may well be a dietary staple the processing of many breads–especially white breads–has led to it becoming addictive to many who find themselves craving the carbs inherent in wheat along with the salt and sugar additives. How can you tell if you’re addicted?
According to Dr. Robert F.W. Taylor there are some sure signs of bread addiction.
* Do you feel an urge to eat bread products instead of other foods?
* Do you have a strong craving for bread, pastry, cakes and cookies?
* Do you often continue to eat bread even when you feel full?
* Do you feel relaxed after eating your fill of bread products?
* Shortly after a meal, do you crave more bread products?
There are a number of healthy-or healthier-bread choices you can make. For a list of those click here.