8 Things to Never Keep in Your Wallet
I ran across this article about things you should never keep in your wallet and with all this talk about identity theft, decided I should give it a read. And maybe I should give the ‘ol wallet a look through. Unlike George Costanza, I didn’t find any hard candy, but I did find some interesting things.
I am one of those guys that uses the “European Leather Carry-All” because it takes a lot of stuff. On the list of things never to keep in your wallet I had 5 of the 8.
1. Social Security Card – thought you had to have it.
2. Password Cheat Sheet – how am I supposed to remember 16 usernames and passwords. At least none of them are the pin to the bank account.
3. Spare Keys – I have at least 2 to every door in the house, plus the mailbox.
4. Blank Checks – a whole book of ‘em.
5. Old Receipts – Plenty of those too, some I’m not even sure why I kept them. I mean who’s returning a toilet plunger?
Those I didn’t have include:
6. Passport – nope, it’s in the glove compartment.
7. Multiple Credit Cards – don’t have more than one.
8. Birth Certificate – I don’t even have a clue as to where that would be hiding.
The good news was I found this.
Maybe I’ll be like the guy who didn’t claim his 5 million dollar lottery winnings for six years.