5 Fun Summer Things to Do In the Adirondacks
The Adirondack Mountains are Upstate New York's premier vacation destination. Especially, during the summer months where there's certainly not a shortage of fun things to do.
Whether you're a history buff or into sporting events and wildlife, the Adirondacks have it all.
Here are 5 of the best things to do in the Adirondack Mountains:
- Enchanted Forest/Water Safari: Considered New York's Largest Water Theme Park, it's definitely a family favorite vacation spot and the perfect summer getaway. Enchanted Forest has over 50 rides and more than 30 water rides.
- Adirondack Scenic Railroad: Leaves Thendara Station near Old Forge and takes visitors on a spectacular, breathtaking ride through the Adirondack Park. Runs May-October.
- Whiteface Mountain/Lake Placid: Although, it serves as a ski mountain in the winter, the summer months are just as fun and exciting. Whiteface offers a bunch of hiking and biking trails plus take a gondola to the summit and be treated to a view of neighboring mountain peaks.
- The Wild Center/Tupper Lake: Features 81 acres of forestry and wildlife. All of the exhibits include movies, hands on activities and a butterfly garden.Explore The Wild Center and it's Wild Walk - an elevated 30 foot trail high above the park.
- Lake Placid Olympic Museum: Go back in time to the 1932 and 1980 winter Olympic Games. Check out the artifacts inside the museum, including equipment that belonged to the 1980 "Miracle on Ice" US Hockey team.