2014 Winter Olympics Drinking Games
Looking to play a drinking game for the 2014 Olympics? Here's a couple interesting ideas:
Take a following drink every time the following moment happens on NBC:
1) Take one drink every time a NBC announcer invites you to "share a moment with the world."
2) Take one drink every time you hear a hockey announcer shout, "He shoots...he scores!" Take two drinks if you're watching women's hockey and you hear, "She shoots...she scores!"
3) Take one drink every time NBC promises to get "up close and personal" with an athlete."
You can find more ideas similar to these here.
Olympic Athlete Drinks
Take a drink following any of these moments between athletes:
1) Any time Shaun White shakes out his flowing red locks, take a drink.
2) Any time you see an Olympic athlete cry, take a drink.
3) Any time an athlete takes a bad spill (crashes), take a drink.
4) Every time the above mentioned crash is replayed, take a drink.
5) Any time a crash causes an athlete to bleed from any part of their body, take a drink.
These ideas courtesy of Trusnow.
The opening ceremony is a crucial part to the games, and of course to drinkers.
1) Take a drink every time a new country is introduced; drink twice if you can trace family origins back to that country.
2) Take a drink every time the announcer says "this symbolizes this" or any derivative thereof
3) Take a drink every time the announcer uses obnoxious adjectives like "magnificent," "amazing," "incredible" to describe things that are clearly ordinary or not that great (people tend to get carried away with the Olympic spirit).
4) Take a drink for every inspirational story that is presented
5) Take a drink every time the Olympic Torch is shown on camera; take a shot of your choice when they light the Olympic Cauldron.
Are you ready to party for the opening games?
Probably one of the most entertaining parts of the games!
1) Take one drink every time America's quest for its first medal in luge is mentioned. Take an extra drink if America actually happens to win a medal in luge.
2) Take one drink and sigh, "That's good, mon" every time reference is made to the Jamaican bobsled team."
Sounds fun right?
Fans of the game claim it was made for drinking:
1) Take a drink at the beginning of every "end" (these are like innings in baseball and there's 10 of them).
2) Take a drink every time the rock is delivered past the hog line (when it's pitched); take another when the rock is delivered out of the hack (such poor form!).
3) Take a drink every time the rock misses the house (the bulls-eye).
4)) Take a drink for every in-off (a shot where the delivered stone hits another stone near the outer edge of the sheet at an angle, making the shooter roll into the house; one of the most difficult curling shots, usually done as a last resort when there are no other options)
5) Take a drink for every Wicky Wacky Woo (yes, it's a real term and it occurs when a delivered stone, either planned or unplanned, bounces off two or more stones causing it to come to rest in a very advantageous position)"
If only I was good at Curling....