13 Ways You Can Tell Someone Isn’t From Central New York
There are three types of people in central New York. Those born and raised, those who moved to the area and those just visiting. And it's easy to tell the ones just passing through. Here's 13 ways to tell someone isn't from central New York.
13. They only BBQ in warm weather
Grilling season is 12 months a year
12. They think greens are on a golf course
You won't need your putter for our greens
11. They don't know what a turkey joint is
They're missing out
10. They say WestMOREland
These are the people locals give wrong directions to
9. They've never heard of or tried riggies
We can't be friends
8. They ask to join the 'Utica Club'
Your kind isn't allowed to join
7. They're staying in a 'cottage'
We aren't in Canada eh
6. They order a black and white cookie
You must be from the city
5. They think Cayo Industrial is a plant
4. They're surprised to see bears in the Adirondacks
Bet they'd be surprised to see moose and deer too
3. They ask about parking at Lakeview Amphitheater
We don't ask because we already know...
2. They won't drive when it snows
It's just a dusting
1. They assume upstate New York is anything not in the city
Everyone assumes that and we're SICK of it!